.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

2.18.2003

this one is short and sweet, but just to make it not so boring and not so short, i'll throw in something i had previously written fo you...

somewhere between my heart and january i discovered that you were not with me anymore, and in a way it hurt, but in another way it was ok. maybe there are some words to be said that would make everything right or maybe theres a way that my heart could reach yours and put things back together, or maybe there isn't and i couldn't be more wrong, and we couldn't be more wrong for eachother.

i had just woken up in january when i last heard your voice, when i had already begun to drift away and was slowly detatching my affections from you. my phone started ringing the muppet song and i answered it to the scent of coffee and surprise, and while i couldn't be quite sure, i thought i could hear the alcohol rushing through your veins as you promised me that we would speak again tomorrow, but your tomorrow is six times past yesterday, and i don't really care, but i do.

it's been two januarys and two decembers (and one of everything else), and i have finally gotten my heart back from where it was: stuck to the bottom of your shoe, but i still can't escape you in my sleep because our summer soaked memories are stained in the back of my subconcious and replay and replay as a dream while i am swimming in slumber, making me wake up confused and missing what we had but not missing you. i don't really miss you now, and somehow it's ok because the memories were rich, and if fate should have it, they will be reality again. until then, i'm not drinking coffee anymore.

as my eyelids flutter open, all those memories become distant and fleeting drawing back into that now empty space of yours inside, and your voice and face fade from all vivid recollection, the fire your aura created is burning out, and the scent of coffee is growing stale; no more warm red-purple glow, and no more freshly brewed expresso beans...no more of you, just the memories, and the smiles, and the warmth, and you're gone, and i'm finally ok with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home