.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

2.22.2006

suffice to say, we think we know
everything
like why honesty breathes
chill along the inside of my spine, and
defiance moves me
to shallow breaths upon the
sound of evening breaking. it sounds like
life breaking into shards; you said
love crumbles with words_
maybe truth has found its
home there,
dwelling in the leading
between lines of verse.
salt dries a
translucent resin slowing
full cheekbones and
shrinking, diffuse to hollow.
the door turns my head every
time outside
tumbles in. speech is
trappedin the texture of
white stuccoed walls and the
threads of green and yellow that
weave relief to my eyes
lost to sleepless mornings and i
know it'd make me feel
so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home