.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

5.01.2008

waking from a five-day-
long dream
feels like spinning, but i have a tendency to
embrace vertigo like an
excited child.

(i fell asleep and woke up
with this curve in my
lips that could only
happen in an alternate reality)

lucidity taught me
multitudes about
electrical currents, power lines,
and palms-
fearless and chattering we
continued to move
bald tires across a stretch of
pavement i never realized
to be so beautiful.
these things can be instantaneous,
but i am well
versed in the language of
pulling open my ribs, throwing back my arms,
losing my head, and beginning to spill an unabashed
mixture of thick liquid
from my veins.
some call it self-exposure,
but i see
complete release; drenched in
a certain gorgeous shade of
vulnerable.
we are deaf and blind
experiencing the taste of
crazy for the first time in
our lives through the tongues on
the tips of our fingers.

tightrope walking on the currents
of power lines is as
thrilling as traversing
hundreds of miles just to
learn someone from the inside.

and i'll tell you what i learned;
i saw for myself
the appearance of the cosmos
under water and
upside down, i found
the far side of the stars in the
fibrous
expanse of vast blue
encased in your corneas.
i heard what the melody of
my body sounds like
sung for the first time
shrouded in a heavy cloak of
twilight
strung up in the most beautiful
silence of
exasperated breath.

i found the ocean in your
stomach and perpetual
moonrise in your
chest
creating footprints on the
sand between
nodding my head and
shouting

NOW I KNOW WHAT GOD
MEANT WHEN THE
EARTH WAS MADE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home