.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

12.29.2004

i welcome you with silence through my door,
a wandering enigma.
beautiful and fearful,
but motionless by my side.
all your worries escape your mouth in a sigh,
wordless, leaving me to wonder
what it is that i'll never know dissipating softly in the air.
your skin breathes honesty through its pores
dripping onto my shoulders and running down my neck,
enough to draw me in, and leave me blinking curiosity,
tracing my thoughts on your back
beneath this blanket that covers us both.
i'd crawl inside and swallow your pages word by word
if only i could leave you lying open with your
heart exposed in every place so i could read what your skin
hides when you spill onto my bedsheets.

when they come, these fears and desires
curl beautiful in words pouring from your lips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home