.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

3.31.2005

the blood running between my bones
has singed my skin where it can't be sacred anymore.
these tears are rolling down my back scalding
every pore; you'd tear it open, trembling,
finding yourself spinning my numbness
around with your finger
watching the way it curls
when you suck it in and exhale.
find me lifeless, slipping into the arms
of a blind nightmare, clawing at my lips,
muttering words that had already drown in the bottom
of a now empty bottle. my morals stripped
with my clothes by hands i never saw,
littering the floor and soaking in some sort of
liquid rythmic filth, i'd never see your face in the
shadows of my memory. this blackboard morning
smells sharply of chalkdust; you wiped
the board clean and clapped the erasers together
over my face, while i was sleeping.
wake me up choking, dry throat, and exposed.
my fear is a movie playing the answers
on the backs of my heavy, negligent eyelids.
and you'd kiss me once more, scraping my lips
before honesty sets in, and i'll frantically
gather my chalked consciousness,
hanging from your bedpost like a spectacle
in a trophy case, and i'll never
trust you
again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home