.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

6.23.2005

before i leave i need to lay down in this bed one more time. i sleep too much. every morning comes with an abrupt awakening. coffee, food, pills, work. repetition. repetition. i know it changes, but i can't think anymore, and i swallow just because that's what i know i'm supposed to do. eventually, the day progresses to late afternoon and my body shoves fatigue into my eyes. i fall down and wrap myself in the bedsheets just to leave my body for a while, just to leave it to the lead bricks and sand bags. i slip through my eyelids after they're closed, decieved by the images projecting themselves in the inside of my skull. it dissolves reality. besides, all it does is sink to the bottom of the glass and start to fizz anyway. it just goes on, and you know you have to drink it because it's good for you. my eyelids are still heavy. i'll keep bliniking to let in the light but this road is so sedating, and time just can't seem to find its ending yet. so i'll just lay down to smother a few more hours...

1 Comments:

  • At July 04, 2005 5:38 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    I like the form of this kind, and the idea, it feels so real, something I feel I can relate to...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home