.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

4.12.2005

its solid.
and we'll be where i've never
seen you before
falling through cold pavement
glowing under laurel street lights
before you'd know what hit you.
i would never understand what it was
that lured you back to where
i stood.

i saw it in the movement of my hair
across my eyes, where you'd see me
basking in a glow of orange light
soaked in the sound of our voices
running slowly down our lips.
draw me in and hold on tight
because from where i stand,
i'm sinking lovely in to the beauty of this
sleepless pre-dawn.

between the pavement and your shoulders
the world is moving fast in the reflection of my eyes.
i'll keep streaming across the
pebbles in the road,
hoping that the cracks will heal
in an instant. where no one else exists,
i find that i strip myself of skin
like a grape; beautiful
and full of substance, while you try
to find the claws behind my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home