.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

4.07.2005

we're smearing ourselves on the tile
and leaving dirt marks on the ceiling
lost and exposed inside a time warp.
you're beautiful in the mind, scribbling your thoughts
on a sheet of paper and praying the lead off.
there was a thick red liquid dripping through the
phone lines with your voice,
running down my cheeks and staining
my shoulders. red like jealousy,
red like life, and red for how long ago
crossroads was. it was red like love
when everything was sunshine, roses,
and grass on an evening in summer.
i never thought i'd hear from you again.
it was red like the writing on my wall
saying i'd never be alone. now you're wiping
me off your eyes where five years
was beginning to grow stale.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home