.echoes.

a million words flutter about my head like confused butterflies in a summery haze

2.20.2003

i just want to say; life is short, live every second of it.
i was sitting in a coffee shop with my friend steve because i owed him a story (coffee shops are the best places for stories). i must admit it wasn't a very uplifting story, but i suppose it has a positive ending seeing as how our protagonist survives, so far. we don't know if there's a sequel yet. my story left me with a bitter taste in my mouth, thus i will try to rinse it out. the following will never be seen by the one it is intended for, but i'd rather it be that way...

life is precious. if you taught me nothing else, you taught me that. everyday i wake up and in the back of my lethargic mind, i am grateful because i am blessed. i have been blessed with legs that can carry the weight of my body everywhere i need to go, i can feed myself, dress myself, read, write, speak. i realize that there are some people in this world who would give anything to have what i have, to do the things i can do, every little thing that people take for granted everyday. you could never feel that. you shut yourself off from it, and chose to live in your little world where everything you see is twisted. that night you were taken away was one of the best of my life. over the year and a half you were gone, spending your time alone in a cell, wasting away like you have been since day one, i was healing. washing away the negatvity, the hopelessness, rinsing the wounds and bandaging the lacerations you left when you ripped my heart out. a year and a half later, you return but you are dead to me. i never want to feel your presence on my aura again, for as long as you are gone from me, i may live, but i always live in fear of you.

a word of advice: love your neighbor as yourself, but don't ever let them drag you down.

.smiles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home